Anglesey Abbey is a former priory and country house located in the village of Lode, close to Cambridge. The grounds are divided into several walks. The gardens are landscaped and include Lode Mill, an 18th century, water-powered flour mill, which was restored in 1982.
Anglesey Priory was originally built by Augustinian Monks in the early 12th Century, but in 1535 the priory was destroyed by the order of King Henry VIII as part of the Dissolution of the Monasteries.
The derelict priory was bought by Thomas Hobson in 1600, he converted the ruins into a country house for his son-in-law, Thomas Parker. Some of the priories features were kept, but the name was changed to Anglesey Abbey.
The house and lands were bought by Huttleston and Henry Broughton in 1926, they set about improving the buildings and landscaped the gardens. When Huttleston died in 1966, he left the house to the National Trust, who opened the house and gardens to the public.