Borness Batteries Fort is located next to a golf course close to Borness village and Brighouse Bay in Dumfries and Galloway.
The promontory hillfort has been eroded by the sea to resemble a kite shape from the air. The defences comprise two ramparts with external ditches, and a third, lesser, rampart on the outer lip of the outer ditch. In 1911, it was noted that remains of a possible hut circle could be seen and parts of a stone parapet remained on the innermost rampart. These had disappeared by 1951.
Some slight traces of rectangular buildings were seen in 1951, abutting the inner bank near the entrance, but today no trace of any buildings except the ramparts can be seen.