Bristol Cathedral is located between Anchor Road and Park Street on College Green in Bristol.
The church was originally built as part of St. Augustine's Abbey in 1140, by Robert Fitzharding who was a wealthy local landowner and royal official. The abbey was improved upon for the next 400 years until the Dissolution of the Monasteries by King Henry VIII in 1539.
The church became the seat of the bishop and cathedral of the new Diocese of Bristol in 1542 and dedicated to the Holy and Undivided Trinity.
In the 19th century, many churches were rebuilt with in a Neo-Gothic style, the cathedral was no exception. A new nave was added between 1868 and 1877 by George Edmund Street. The twin towers at the front was designed by John Loughborough Pearson and completed in 1888.