Caudwell's Mill is a grade II listed flour mill, located on the River Wye at Rowsley, close to Bakewell in Derbyshire.
A mill has stood on this site for at least 400 years. By 1591, two mills occupied the site, one a corn mill, the other a walk mill, which later became a sawmill. In 1874, John Caudwell leased the site from the Duke of Rutland, demolishing the two now derelict mills and building the flour and provender; animal food mill powered by two large breast shot water wheels.
The mill was upgraded when the original millstones were replaced by roller mills. The water wheels were also replaced by turbines, as they did not produce enough power.
The mill closed in 1977/8. The mill and its equipment was listed before the landlord, the Duke of Rutland could alter its use, preventing him from scrapping and demolishing the building and equipment.
By 1980 a charitable trust was set up and running the mill as a tourist attraction.