Darley Dale Railway Station is located in the village of Darley Dale in Derbyshire, England.
Darley Dale Halt was built in 1849, by the Manchester, Buxton, Matlock and Midlands Junction Railway, and it was situated on the other side of the level crossing. The station was built in 1873, with a footbridge and a goods yard.
In the 1960's the Station and its line succumbed to the Beeching Axe, but the station has been reopened, at the beginning of the 1990s, as a result of the efforts of the heritage and preservation group Peak Rail. They have run heritage steam services on the former London, Midland and Scottish Railway route to both Matlock and after 1997, to Rowsley South.
A signal box sits at the southern end of the Up platform, with a level crossing over Station Road just beyond. The signal box is not used, the crossing is controlled by a crossing keeper's hut located on the Down side, across the road from the station. The signal box was once located at Bamford. In March 2008, the crossing keeper's hut was replaced by a new structure built in a traditional style, required because of the increased signaling equipment in use on the railway. This will split the operation into three controlled sections, allowing for better time tabling and more efficient service, while also providing the necessary infrastructure to cater for extensions to the present line.