East Buxton Lime Kilns are located close to Millers Dale Station, between Buxton and Tideswell in Derbyshire.
The lime kilns were cut into the solid rock in 1867 and in use by 1880, due to the increased demand for quick lime for the chemical and steel industries as well as agriculture.
Lime was quarried behind the kilns and
carted to the kilns via a narrow gauge track. The tubs were hauled up the incline and tipped into the kilns.
The Rowsley and Buxton Branch Railway ran close by, the quick lime was collected by a man and a boy, this was then taken by barrow to railway trucks. They collected about 30 tons a day.
The massive concrete buttresses were added in the 1920's. Production was halted in 1944.