Errwood Hall is a ruined Victorian hall located in the Upper Goyt Valley within the Peak District, near Buxton, Derbyshire.
The hall was built in the 1830s by Samuel Grimshawe, a wealthy Manchester businessman, and was occupied by the Grimshawe family for the next hundred years. The hall was the centre of a thriving estate of over 2,000 acres, consisting of several farms, a school, the Cat and Fiddle Inn, a private coal mine and the hamlet of Goyt's Bridge.
Errwood hall only survived for about 100 years as it which was demolished due to the construction of the Fernilee Reservoir in 1934. Stones from the demolished hall were used to construct the water treatment works below the reservoir.
Only the foundations and a few sections of wall, now survive. These have been consolidated and are in the care of the Peak Park Authority. On a hilltop overlooking the hall is the family graveyard, restored by North West Water in the 1980's.
The family planted many specimen trees including an abundance of azaleas and rhododendrons which have flourished and now have to be strictly managed.
Goyt's Bridge and much of the farmland of the estate lies submerged under the waters of the Errwood Reservoir, though the old packhorse bridge after which the hamlet was named was relocated further up the valley.