Ladygrove is located on Two Dales near Darley Dale in Derbyshire.
Abraham Flint started work on a cotton mill in 1785, to take advantage of the water flowing through his land. Flint ran out of money and sold the Mill to Daniel Dakeyne, a local land owner nearby.
The new owner converted the mill to spin flax, built a Childrens Lodge to house the child employees. The mill was enlarged by his two sons, Edward and James. They built three dams in the Sydnope Valley and invented the water powered Disk Engine.
Today the mill is used for storage and rents office space.