is a foundry located in North Hykeham, Lincoln.
Lincoln Castings was established by the firm of
Harrison, Teague and Birch at St. Marks, in 1874, producing whiteheart malleable castings. These were supplied to agricultural machinery manufacturers and the railway companies. Harrison, Teague and Birch became Harrison & Company around 1904.
Demand for the castings grew and the company expanded, a new factory was built at North Hykeham. These works were known as the 'The Malleable' and were rapidly expanded. In 1922 the foundry at St. Marks was closed.
The automobile industry had a huge impact on the Harrisons and became an important customer. To meet this increased demand in the late 1920's rotary oil fired furnaces were installed.
Just before World War II, in 1938, Harrison & Company was sold to Ley’s Malleable Castings of Derby and played a role in the rearmament of Britain.
In mid 1950's the first fully automatic moulding machines were installed but during the 1960s the foundry was completely modernised.
The castings again changed hands in the 1980's by George Fischer of Switzerland, who retained ownership until 2003, when the Meade Corporation acquired the site. The foundry was renamed Lincoln Castings, under which name it continued to operate until the plant’s final closure in December 2006.