Llandudno is a seaside resort town located by the Irish sea on the Creuddyn peninsula, Conwy.
The town dated back to the Stone Age, Bronze Age and Iron Age settlements over many hundreds of years on the slopes of the limestone headland of the Great Orme, also known as the Creuddyn Peninsula. By the medieval times, three townships were recorded, Y Gogarth in the south-west, Y Cyngreawdr in the north and Yr Wyddfid in the south-east.
By 1847, the town had grown to a thousand people with the majority of the men working in the copper mines, with others employed in fishing and subsistence agriculture.
In 1848, Owen Williams, an architect and surveyor from Liverpool, presented Lord Mostyn with plans to develop the marshlands behind Llandudno Bay as a holiday resort, the influence of the Mostyn Estate and its agents over the years was paramount in the development of Llandudno, especially after the appointment of George Felton as surveyor and architect in 1857. The period between 1857 and 1877 the centre of Llandudno was developed under Felton's supervision.
For most of the length of Llandudno's North Shore there is a wide curving Victorian promenade. The road, collectively known as The Parade, has a different name for each block and it is on these parades and crescents that many of Llandudno's hotels are built. These over look a beach of sand, shingle and rock curves two miles between the headlands of the Great Orme and the Little Orme.