Ogston Reservoir is a reservoir used by Severn Trent Water, located near the villages of Ashover and Clay Cross in Derbyshire.
The reservoir is fed by the river Amber, and was originally created in 1958, to supply the National Coal Board's carbonisation plant at Wingerworth. The valley was completely submerged, covering farmland, roads and part of the Ashover light railway. The village of Woolley was destroyed and the villagers moved to higher land close by, which became known as Woolley Moor. The reservoir covers 200 acres and holds 1.3 billion gallons, 5.9 billion litres of water.
The reservoir provides many leisure activities including sailing, windsurfing, bird watching and fishing. Over 200 species of birds have been reported at the reservoir.