Pye Bank County School was formally a primary school and is located in Sheffield, South Yorkshire. It stands in a prominent position over looking Sheffield city centre.
The school was designed by the architects Innocent and Brown following the Education act in 1870. The building was finished in 1875 which provided a good education for young children. The life at school could be harsh with the teachers being very strict with high expectations. The building has been modified over the years as education progressed and ideas changed. Although the school has no swimming facilities the children were taken to Chatham Street baths at Neepsend.
During World War II barrage ballons were set up to protect the school from attacks by air.
The school closed its doors in 2003 as a new modern school took over the education needs for the area. The school is a grade II listed building and there are plans to convert the site into apartments but even so, it has an unsure future. At the moment it stands empty and derelict.