Rowsley South Station is located close to Rowsley in Derbyshire.
The station opened in 1849 and formed a terminus for the Manchester, Buxton, Matlock and Midlands Junction Railway line from Ambergate. It became a goods yard in 1862 and a new station was built on a deviation of the track about a mile away from this location. The station closed in 1967 and the line closed in 1968 as part of the Beeching Axe.
Peak Rail now own the Rowsley South Station and it was opened in 1997, it is used as the main site for the preservation and heritage museum. The station sits on a restored three mile section of the former LMS track running from Rowsley, through Darley Dale to Matlock.
The station is situated in 28 acres of land, with the river Derwent running through. A steam locomotive engine shed has been built which includes an engineering workshop and the refurbished turntable. In 2009 a new building was opened which provides toilet facilities, station masters office, ticket office and exhibition area which shows the rebuilding of the line by Peak Rail. The Derbyshire Dales Narrow Gauge Railway is located here, situated near the picnic site.
This station is also the home to the Heritage Shunters Trust, Renown Repulse Restoration Group, LMS Carriage Association and The 48624 Locomotive Group.