Sheffield Old Town Hall and Courts is located opposite Castle Market in central Sheffield, South Yorkshire.
The Old Town Hall was built in 1807-8 by Charles Watson, who won the commission to replace the original Town Hall, which had been built in 1700 by William Renny, beside the parish church.
Watson designed the Town Hall to house the Town Trustees and include the Petty and Quarter Session courts, in a five bay structure on Castle Street. This soon proved to be too small, so it was extended by William Flockton in 1833, and again in 1866. He added a central clock tower over the new main entrance, on Waingate Street. He also added underground passages to the Police Station next door.
In 1890, the building became too small to house the Town Hall and the courts, so a new Town Hall was built. The Old Town Hall was again enlarged in 1896-7 and became the Sheffield Crown and High Courts.
In 1995, the Courts had outgrown the building and moved, leaving the building empty for redevelopment. It sits empty and disused, in a derelict state. In 2007, the Victorian Society named the building in its most at-risk register.