St Marys Abbey is located close to Kenilworth Castle in Warwickshire. The ruins are set in the grounds of St Nicholas Church and Abbey Fields Park.
Originally it built as a priory in 1124, by Geoffrey de Clinton. A gatehouse, infirmary along with barns and a bell tower were added later. St Nicholas Church was built in 1291.
As the priory became more wealthy, in 1447 it became an abbey. It was dissolved in 1538 by King Henry VIII.
The ruins of the abbey were excavated in the 1840's, 1880's and in 1922. Most of the ruins were covered in 1967 to protect the remains.