St Mary's Church is located on the island of Lindisfarne, Northumberland.
After the Norman conquest the Normans rebuilt the abbey on Lindisfarne. The original church was rebuilt in stone and used as the parish church. Some remains of the Saxon church can be found in the chancel wall and arch. The nave was extended on the nothern side in the 12th century and on the southern side a century later.
After the dissolution of the monersaries the church fell into ruin. It was rebuilt in 1860 with the north aisle is known as the fishermen's aisle and houses the altar of St. Peter. The south aisle used to hold the altar of St. Margaret of Scotland, but now houses the organ.