Twycross Zoo is located near the villages of Twycross and Norton Juxta in Leicestershire. The zoo has a large collection of monkeys and apes and is now called Twycross Zoo - The World Primate Centre.
Molly Badham and Nathalie Evan set up the Hints Zoological Society in 1954, with a small but expanding collection of animals. In the early 1960's they began looking for a new site to house their zoo, as they had out grown the 3/4 acre site at Hints.
In 1962 they bought the former Rectory at Norton Juxta Twycross, known as Norton Grange. Twycross Zoo was soon established, in May of 1963 they opened the new Zoo, with Jean Morton performing the opening ceremony.
The zoo became a charitable trust in 1972, and today it cares for around 500 animals from over 150 species.