All Saints Church is the parish church in Bakewell, Derbyshire.
The church was founded in 920, during Anglo-Saxon times and the churchyard has two 9th-century crosses.
The present church was started in the 12th century ,but only the west front and part of the nave survive from that time. The remainder of the church was built between 1220 and 1240. The spire was added in 1340 but, was taken down in 1825, and the tower then removed in 1830. Between 1841 and 1844, it was completely rebuilt as it had become dangerous.
During restoration work, in the 1840s, many carved fragments of Anglo-Saxon stonework were found in and around the porch, as well as some ancient stone coffins.
Once the external works were completed in 1844, internal restorations were undertaken. Pews were replaced throughout. The Norman piers from the nave were substituted for early English decorated ones, and steam heating was introduced. This work was carried out by Mr Bath of Haddon under the supervision of the architects John Grey Weightman and Matthew Ellison Hadfield of Sheffield. The church re-opened on 4 September 1851.
The chancel was restored between 1879-82 by George Gilbert Scott Jr.. The restoration was carried out at the expense of the Ven. Archdeacon Balston, vicar, with the outside walls being paid for by the Ecclesiastical commissioners. A new screen was provided under the chancel arch, with carving mimicking that on the screen in the Vernon Chapel. A new pavement of marble was laid. In the sanctuary, a new reredos was installed, with an engraving of the scene on Mount Calvary. The woodwork was done by Mr Elwell of Beverley. The walls by Burlison and Grylls, the floor by Belham of Buckingham Palace Road, London and the marble work by Twigg of Ashford.
All Saints' contains three early-15th-century misericords, along with eighteen 19th-century misericords in the choir stalls. Additionally, there is one 19th-century misericord on a priest's seat. The 19th-century misericords date from 1881.
The church is a Grade I listed building.