Beaumaris Goal is a disused jail which remains unaltered and has been turned into a museum and is located in Beaumaris, Anglesey.
The jail, built in 1829, was designed by Hansom and Welch and it was expanded in 1867 to accommodate 30 or so prisoners. The captivity and treatment of the prisoners by modern standards was brutal, but with this goal it was an improvement on the earlier prisons and the treatment of the incarcerated was much better, although isolation, whippings and the use of chains was common.
The jail closed in 1878 and was turned into a police station. During World War II the police station was used to house the towns air raid siren; it was maintained and kept in operation during the cold war that followed. In the 1950's the goal then became a clinic for children. In 1974 the building was turned into a museum.