Chapel Point is located north of Chapel St. Leonard's in Lincolnshire.
Chapel Point became a popular location for tourists in the 1900's due to its clean sandy beaches and the motor car. As this form of transport became popular it opened up the coast for the middle class, who used to pitch tents and park on the beaches. It wasn't until the 1930's that wooden huts or chalets were built along the embankment to cater for the needs of the 'new' visitors.
As with much of Lincolnshires beaches, Chapel Point suffered from erosion due to the action of the sea. This was first combated with large timber structures or groynes until they were replaced with the existing structure.
During the World Wars, Chapel Point was turned into part of the coastal defence line. In the First World War a sentinel pill box was built, although now long gone, it is believed it was located at the present site of the wooden shelter. During the Second World War, the point was home to a gun platform, sadly not much is known about the role it played or the type of weapon used.
Chapel Point has been restored, creating an ideal location to capture the views of the East Coast. The restoration has included the Gun Structure, the Viewing Platform, toilets, car park, gardens and the Chapel Point cafe.