Polesworth Abbey is a Benedictine nunnery in Polesworth, North Warwickshire and is a scheduled ancient monument.
It was founded in the 9th century by St. Modwena and King Egbert. The first abbess was Edgytha, who was the daughter of King Egbert, also known as St. Editha.
Little remains of the abbey, apart from the church and the gatehouse and the restored ruins of the cloister. The 12th-century Abbey church is now the parish church of St Editha. The 14th-century gatehouse has recently been restored and renovated.
In 1536, the Abbey was dissolved due to the dissolution of the monasteries act, it was then granted by Henry VIII, to Francis Goodere of St Albans, Hertfordshire, in 1544. Goodere used stone from the abbey to build his new manor house, Polesworth Hall, on the grounds of the abbey. Later Sir Henry Goodere was a patron of the arts and leader of the Polesworth Group of poets.
Polesworth Hall was demolished in the 1860's and the Vicarage was built on the site.