Sharrow St Johns Methodist Church was located on Sharrow Lane in Sheffield, South Yorkshire.
The original Sharrow Methodists church was first was built in 1889, for the Methodist New Connexion and was designed by Denton and Haigh. This was converted into a Sunday school,l when a new church was built on the west side of the building in 1906. This was designed by J C Brameldis in a similar style to the older building and used the same materials, red brick and sandstone dressings with a slate roof.
Inside the new church, the interior was more elaborate than its predecessor, it had two arcades with moulded depressed arches and circular columns with elaborate foliate capitals. The church was lit by large clerestory windows, with a gallery at the north end, and a central pulpit at the south end with a raised choir in an apse to the rear. An Organ was set within a depressed arch opening, against the south wall which was later removed and sent to Germany.
In the Second World War, the Church in St. Johns street was bombed, forcing the congregation to use the church on Sharrow Lane, the names were merged to become Sharrow St. Johns.
Due to dwindling attendance to the Sunday school and the church, they both closed and the buildings had become disused by 2007.
The buildings were assessed for listing by English Heritage in 2007, as it was feared they may be demolished when they were sold. Unfortunately they did not meet the criteria set out by English Heritage for various reasons. One being the designs were not innovative and rather common for building of that era. Sadly in the first half of 2013, the buildings were reduced to rubble.