St Andrews Kirk is a ruined church located in the centre of Portpatrick, Dumfries and Galloway.
The church was built in 1628 - 1629, to serve the newly created Portpatrick parish, in a cruciform or Greek cross plan.
The church continued in use until 1842 when the current parish church was built at the east end of the village. The adjacent graveyard continued to be used for burial until the later 19th century when it was replaced by the New Cemetery on Portree Terrace. There are very few surviving historical accounts of the church.
The round tower has caused a lot of speculation, it is thought that the tower predates the church, that is was possibly a lighthouse or a watch tower.
The church is a Post Reformation Scottish church, where there was no longer an altar at the east end and the pulpit, often placed in a central position, became the focus of the congregation’s attention. Church design changed to meet these changes in liturgy and a number of cruciform plan churches were built during the 17th century.