St. Werburg, Old Blackwell is located on high ground in the small village of Old Blackwell, Derbyshire.
The church was built in 1827 on the location of an earlier 12th century church. It was then rebuilt and enlarged in 1878-79, with the exception of the tower, at a cost of £2,260, by the architect Mr. J. H. Mitchel1-Withers, of Sheffield. The crenelated tower holds three bells, dated, 1587, 1611 and1878.
The church is home to a damaged Anglo-Saxon Cross, its remains stand approximately 5 feet, its sides are carved with interlacing knot work and circular braids.
The church also carries out an old custom, called Clipping the Church. This traditionally involves either the church congregation or local children holding hands in an outward-facing ring around the church. Once the circle is completed onlookers will often cheer and sometimes hymns are sung. Although these days the parishioners parade around the church, with the intention to mark out the bounds of the church and bring in the flock.